By Tzeni Samonas
Saturday August 13th, 2016
In nothern Greece salads made with Roka a.k.a Arugula are a staple at the dinner table. There are many variations but our favourite is this one. You can’t go wrong with this salad, it’s always a hit at summer BBQ’s and other family events. This recipe serves about 12 people as a side or starter, adjust accordingly for smaller servings.
Dressing• 5 cloves of finely chopped garlic
• 2 cups olive oil
• ½ cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp dijon mustard
• 4 tbsp honey
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 5 142 g pkgs of fresh baby
• 400 grams of manouri cheese crumbled
• 300 grams of dried figs chopped
• 2 cups of pecans chopped
Directions1. Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and garlic in bowl and set aside.
2. Rinse arugula and add half to a large bowl.
3. Add half of the dry ingredients including the manouri cheese and then top off with the remaining arugula.
4. Add just enough salad dressing so that your salad is not soggy and toss.
5. Top with the remaining dry ingredients including the manouri cheese and drizzle with some more salad dressing. Enjoy :)